Since its relaunch, the Center is working towards increasing faculty engagement, promoting research and conceiving a sustainability model. Current initiatives focus around three areas:
· Awarding seed grants to faculty and graduate students. The initial round of six awardees was announced in May 2017. Funded projects will provide insights into food security among special populations, food environment perceptions among students, farm labor and union organizing, and irrigation water leak detection.
· Supporting campus Global Food Initiative efforts that promote food security. The Blum Center is striving to facilitate and strengthen collaborations by working with Dining, Sustainability, CropMobster, and other key partners, and providing resources such as student support.
· Policy outreach to regional health care and education stakeholders.
The University of California Blum Federation
For the latest from the Blum Federation, check out their Medium page.
- UC Berkeley: Blum Center for Developing Economies
- UC Davis: Blum Center for Developing Economies
- UC Irvine: Blum Center for Poverty Alleviation
- UCLA: Blum Center for Poverty and Health in Latin America
- UC Riverside: Blum Poverty Initiative
- UC San Diego: Blum Cross Border Initiative
- UC Santa Barbara: Blum Center for Global Poverty Alleviation and Sustainable Development
- UC Santa Cruz: Blum Center on Poverty, Social Enterprise and Participatory Governance