Big Ideas Competition
As one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious social impact contests, Big Ideas provides up to $300,000 directly to students each year for their groundbreaking initiatives. Armed with the training and seed funding provided by Big Ideas, student teams have gone on to secure over $150 million in additional funding for their for-profit, nonprofit, or hybrid ventures.
- We catalyze improvement in quality of life for the least prosperous people of the San Joaquin Valley and Sierra Nevada, as well as for analogous regions around the globe, through research, innovation in deployable technology, transformational educational experiences and community partnerships.
- We help communities help themselves via mutual respect, reciprocity and commitment.
- We connect young people’s shared passions to life-transforming opportunities that make a difference.
- We leverage global parallels for shared learning and to link the next generation of world leaders.
- We continually assess and improve the effectiveness of everything we do.